Leopard 46 2008 model
S/V Alexis3 is a 2008 model Leopard 46 built in 2007. She was with the Moorings in the Seychelles until 2012 when she was purchased by the previous owner and kept there until we bought her in 2017 as a replacement of our Leopard 45 Cool Runnings which we lost in Irma. This boat received a major !00k plus refit in 2018 including many upgrades, new sails and electronics and much more.
We left Cape Town 7 July 2018 and arrived in Grenada on 28 August after a wonderful Atlantic crossing. The Leopard 46 has proved to be a superb cruising cat with her high bridge deck eliminating all slamming. She sails beautifully at all points of sail and can maintain 30 degs off the apparent wind in a good breeze. The solid build, high bridge deck, large water and diesel tanks, water maker and excellent accommodation make her a true blue water cruiser or charter boat. We brought Alexis3 back to the Caribbean to continue our chartering business but after 14 years in the Caribbean we have decided it is time to return to our home and family in South Africa.
Alex3's $100,000 ++ refit and refurbishment must rank her at the top of the list of 46's available on the market. One of the many upgrades was the repainting of the dark Cherry wood of the saloon and passages, a light off white, matching the ceilings, which together with her new linen herring bone upholstery and new blond oak vinyl flooring throughout, create a light bright modern finish. All the cabins have been upgraded with new mattresses, twin ceiling fans and the heads with new shower and faucet fittings.
The cockpit of the 46 is probably the most spacious of all boats of this size. This with the all round sun Screens and the fully enclosed helm station, comfortable seats and scatter cushions make it a superb lounging area in all conditions, The decks are wide and easy to negotiate and the new trampoline, large foredeck and generous window steps provide comfortable and safe seating and lounging while sailing and at anchor.
REFIT AND REFURBISHMENT IN 2018 Above deck:
- New Genoa, Main Sail, and Stack pack , Spinnaker.
- New Main, Spinaker halyards
- New main halyard
- New Roller reefing line
- New Trampoline
- New anchor chain
- New Steering station enclosure, cockpit awnings and cockpit seats and scatter cushions
- Raymarine Axion chart plotter
- Raymarine Autopilot, 700 Control unit and type 2 drive unit
- Raymarine AIS Transceiver
- ICOM 802 SSB Radio, tuner and ground plate.
- Pactor 4 Dragon Modem
- Cobra hand VHF radio
- 2 Yanmar SD60 Sail drives
- Electromax 140 alternators with remote control units and battery splitters
- Refix forward mooring cleats
- Refix Starboard stern u bolt
- Compound and polish hulls and topsides
- Repair small dings, scratches and blemishes
- Rename to Alexis 3
- Reduce cockpit table height
- New Luna National 80 liter fridge
- 3.6 m AB dinghy with yamaha 25 engine
- New Northern Lights Generator 200 HRS
- New Starboard forward heads
- New Macerater pumps to other three toilets
- New switches and shower pump switches
- New shower drain pumps
- New Basin and Shower taps with fittings
- New port aircon
- Re gas Seafrost fridge
- New CPV to Seafrost Deep Freeze and gas
- New L P pump to watermaker.
- Repair HP pump
- New Hotwater
- Paint Saloon and Galley to match ceiling
- New Saloon upholstery
- Cut down saloon table / new cherrywood top
- New flooring throughout
- New mattresses to all cabins
- Refurbished hatch blinds
- Replaced hatch lenses
- New linen, pillows.
- New appliances eg: coffee maker, toaster, blender ect.
- New crockery, cutlery and glasses
- Drinking water filter and tap
- New Telefunkun 74 cm TV
- New Cockpit cushions
- New Cockpit sun blinds
- New Generator battery
- New Starboard engine battery
- 4 x 220 amp hour House batteries
- Magnum 2700w/120 A charger/Invertor