Welcome to the sailing capital of the world
2017 was a historic year for the Caribbean especially the Virgin Islands that suffered the most devastating hurricanes in history with Irma and Maria, but they are back! The water its still blue, the sand is golden and the Painkillers still flowing! The BVI has recovered and its going to be a busy season, join us this Spring for the first BVI Spring Flotilla in association with the American Sailing Association, Horizon Yacht Charters and MyCaribbean Charters LLC.
Worried about the recovery in the BVI? What will be open? Where can I moor? Well we have taken that worry away, our event will feature:
- RYA and ASA qualified lead Captain and Boat with full back-up support
- Exclusive 4 hour Guarantee to get you under way again in the event of a problem with your yacht, or you get your lost sailing time back
- Full, split or 'dinners ashore' provisioning service and provide a barbeque on the yacht transom
- All cabins are made up upon arrival with linen and towels complete with a Welcome Starter Kit (including a bottle of rum – it is the Caribbean!)
- Each yacht is fully-equipped with bimini, semi-rigid inflatables (with outboard engines), safety equipment, galley equipment and linens/towels.
- Daily chart briefings on each leg of the journey
- Lots of free time sailing
- Help securing boats in mooring fields and anchorages
- Organized events, social gatherings and parties
- Pirate costume party and BBQ beach event
- Competitions and prizes
- Closing night at a secret location
We have created an amazing itinerary for you based on our extensive knowledge about sailing in the BVI, we have included all the best spots that are open post- Irma and have thrown in some of our own unique events along the way, 7 full days of sailing on some seriously equipped modern sailing catamarans and monohulls form the Horizon Yacht charters fleet, bareboat or cabin charter the choice is yours!
- Saturday, 30 March 2019 - 12:00 Pick up boats and chart briefing - 14:00 Sail to Norman Island
- Sunday, 31 March 2019 - 09:00 Snorkel Indians / Caves - sail to Cooper Island
- Monday, 1 April 2019 - 09:00 Sail to The Baths - Sail to Leverick Bay - 18:00 Pirate Party - Leverick Bay
- Tuesday, 2 April 2019 - 09:00 Sail to Anegada - 18:00 BBQ and party at Potters by the Sea
- Wednesday, 3 April 2019 - 09:00 Sail to Cane Garden Bay
- Thursday, 4 April 2019 - 09:00 Sail to Sandy Cay- Sail to Great harbor, JVD Drinks at Foxy's
- Friday, 5 April 2019 - 09:00 Blackbeard's pursuit to a secret location - 18:00 Closing party location TBA
- Saturday, 6 April 2019 - 10:00 Return to Base.